Ive made this twice so far and both times this came out so delish! My family really enjoys this meal! It does take a while to make so make sure you have time to make it!
- 2 (8oz) cans Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (undiluted)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (i use cheddar)
- 1/2 cup whipping cheam
- 4oz cheam cheese (very soft)
- 4Tb butter (very soft but not melted)
- 1tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 2-4Tb whipping cream
- 1-2 cup cheddar cheese (for topping)
- Set oven to 350°F
- Butter a casserole dish (any size to hole crescents)
- In a sauce pan, mix whipping cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, and undiluted chicken soup.
- Heat just until cheese melts (do not boil)
- For the filling- in a bowl mix the soft cream cheese and butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder if you’re using it.
- Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined
- Add in whipping cream; mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems dry)
- Season with seasoning salt and black pepper to taste
- Unroll the crescents
- Place one heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
- Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish
- Then place crescent rolls seam-side down om top of creamed mixture in casserole dish
- Drizzle the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese, or desired amount
- Bake for about 30 minutes.