Okay so I have a confession to make.. I haven’t been eating clean or healthy lately :x. Bad Bad Michelle!! I have felt the toll eating unhealthy has taken on my body, so starting tomorrow I will be back on my eat clean diet. This means more veggies, no white flour, no excess sugar, NO SODA, no processed foods, no artificial colors or flavors, etc. I will be eating 5-6 small meals a day 2.5-3 hours apart. Ive started walking with Olivia again and we will be continuing on non rainy days and I will be adding back in strength training. I really have been slacking on both eating and working out. A huge wake up call for me was today my daughter watched me put a couple baked potato chips in my mouth then watched me drink a soda. The second I put down my drink I felt ashamed and awful at the message I am sending my daughter. I should be a positive role model to her and show her a healthy active lifestyle. I use to feel proud when she would watch me workout and she would try to do crunches with me. Hopefully this will be the last time I will be posting that I am starting a diet again!
On a different note.. My family really enjoyed the crab cakes! My dad is sometimes tough to please when it comes to food and he told me how much he liked my crab cakes.. woo hoo! Tomorrow will be a recipe post!
I have been feeling really creative lately. Im liking this little kick.. haha. I wanted to wear a scarf today but the only one I own is a Lane Bryant one that is really cute and colorful but its way long. I looked on pintrest for how to make a scarf out of a shirt and I found a pretty simple one. If you want to do this, all you need is scissors and an old shirt.
Step one: Lay shirt on a flat surface.
Step two: Cut off bottom hem of shirt straight across.
Step three: Cut under the sleeves straight across.
See isn’t that easy! You take the middle part and open it and place around your neck and you have an infinity scarf. Pictures to come later.
Dinner tonight is going to be crab cakes. I made this recipe once before for my hubby but today I am making this for my parents as well. If I get their seal of approval on a recipe Ill probably post it tomorrow. I am not too much of a seafood fan but I do sometimes like crab. Im trying to debate what else I should serve with the crab cakes. Im thinking a shrimp scampi.
I spent my day so far today looking at pintrest and youtube for hair tutorials. I get so jealous at these girls that have great hair and its easy for them to style.. grr. So every now and then I look for a style to try and do to my hair in the hopes that it will look good. Today I tried a sock bun! Its actually really easy to do this to your hair. I used a you tube video tutorial for this look.
It actually came out looking really good. Thank you Amber from defumpme.com for posting this video 🙂 Now its time to learn more cute hairstyles.
I feel so bad for totally neglecting this blog! Ive been busy lately and haven’t really found time to post to it. I blame World of Warcraft! A lot has happened since my last post. My computer crashed and I have been using my mothers but this computer is about 10 years old and runs awfully slow. Were in the process of getting a new one and decided to purchase a little net book. Its so small and cute but you cant really use it for much, just surfing the web and microsoft word.
I missed typing the Almost Five Months post, which I am going to do right now…
- She started eating her stage one baby foods. Her favorite is carrots.
- She really really hates peas!
- She went to the Jersey Shore for the first time and she hates the salt water and waves.
- She sleeps from 830-930pm until 6-7am.
- She cries when people she don’t know or don’t remember try to hold her.
- She likes to scream at the top of her lungs at you.
Shes my little princess and I honestly don’t know what I would do without her in my life 🙂
On a different note.. I found a whole ton of new recipes that I will be trying out. One of them is for homemade white bread. I think I want to make bread rather than buying it. Im going to do another post today with a recipe but for right now Im about to run and get some errands done.
In eight days my baby girl is going to be 4 months old. I think it was such a good idea to do my almost three months post that I decided to do it for every month. I like being able to look back and see how much my princess has grown. Not too much happened this month.
- Only once so far she rolled back to belly.
- She usually sleeps from 9pm to 9am without a 5 am feeding. (sometimes though she still needs one.)
- Shes been eating 4-5oz every 4-5 hours.
- She now has rice in her bottle (I put in a teaspoon)
- When me or my hubby ask for a kiss she’ll give one (or a bunch)
- Shes added ut oh, love, you, and boom to her list of words.
- We have a video on my phone of her saying I LOVE YOU.
- She talks constantly.. lol
- She’s been to the lake and loves sitting in the water.
- She interacts more with the pets, especially Clark.
On a different note.. I started eating clean. I will be posting a week after eating clean how I feel and my meal and workout plan. All I can say is so far it seems to be working out really good for me. I feel like my body is trying to sabotage me though because now I am getting cravings for chocolate, which I never had before, and other unhealthy items. I am not going to give in!
Happy belated fathers day to all the fathers out there. My guy and I celebrated fathers day by going out to a new Italian restaurant that opened near our house. The food was okay, but there wasn’t much of a selection. I don’t think we’ll be eating there again. We both felt bad going out because poor Olivia is teething and her gums were hurting really bad. We gave her tylonel and it didn’t help. It took an 830pm rush trip to cvs for baby orajel to help her. The look on her face when the orajel was placed on her gums was priceless. I cannot believe in nine days my princess is going to be four months old!
Sorry this is just a quick update. I promise to write more later 🙂
Ive been trying my hardest to eat healthy and workout more but that’s been a challenge for me. I know I need to knock off the excuses and do it! I need to start getting healthier not just for me but for my daughter as well. I want to be a positive role model for her. She already looks up to me.. Just the other day I held my foot up in the air, which is a sign for my husband that I want a foot massage and she was laying next to me and she did the same thing to him. It was so darn cute! Starting Monday no more excuses!
Ive been looking up healthy recipes and I found some on this website. I wanted a good recipe for a protein smoothie and I found one on that website, but I modified it a little. This smoothie is totally delicious! It tastes like an Orange Julius.
Orange Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 1/2 c vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tb sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix
- stevia for taste
- 5-6 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender.
Ive made this twice so far and both times this came out so delish! My family really enjoys this meal! It does take a while to make so make sure you have time to make it!
- 2 (8oz) cans Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (undiluted)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (i use cheddar)
- 1/2 cup whipping cheam
- 4oz cheam cheese (very soft)
- 4Tb butter (very soft but not melted)
- 1tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 2-4Tb whipping cream
- 1-2 cup cheddar cheese (for topping)
- Set oven to 350°F
- Butter a casserole dish (any size to hole crescents)
- In a sauce pan, mix whipping cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, and undiluted chicken soup.
- Heat just until cheese melts (do not boil)
- For the filling- in a bowl mix the soft cream cheese and butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder if you’re using it.
- Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined
- Add in whipping cream; mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems dry)
- Season with seasoning salt and black pepper to taste
- Unroll the crescents
- Place one heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
- Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish
- Then place crescent rolls seam-side down om top of creamed mixture in casserole dish
- Drizzle the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese, or desired amount
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
I cannot believe that in six days my baby girl will be three months old! Time really does fly by.. Olivia has grown so much since her birth and has learned so much. Here is what happened with Olivia at two months:
- She can roll belly to back.
- She can say Hi, Hi-lo (trying to say hello), and da (only once and to Dave.)
- She eats 4-5oz every 3-4 hours (except at night..)
- She sleeps usually from 9pm to 4am then eats and sleeps until 8am.
- She had her first fall off the bed.. luckily she is okay and not hurt, just scared.
- She went to her first wedding (on the day she turned 2 months)
- She can hold her neck and chest up during belly time for almost a minute and can lift her hips.
- She wants to stand up all the time or if sitting, she has to sit like a big girl.
- She laughs a lot (like when im working out..)
- She can grab items (like my hair and her toys) and she can swat at items.
On a different note.. I have some recipes and stuff to add to this. I haven’t been updating due to migraines thanks to the birth control I have inside me. Since I had my Mirena put in ive had over 7 migraines in a month, three of which were last week. Im one of the special people that when I get a migraine I get sensitivity to light, sound and smells, extreme head and neck pain, nausea with occasional vomiting. When it reaches a certain point no pain relievers work. Yeah this is not fun especially with a two month old. I have to be able to take care of her! Unfortunately, my insurance though welfare got cut because “two months is the postpartum period” and now I’ll have to pay out of pocket to have it taken out. I really wish they would have looked at my file or giving me the paperwork for the Mirena before my appointment to have it placed, so I could have told them that I get migraines.
I am starting my Healthy Me plan today and hopefully sticking to it. I am calling it the Healthy Me plan because sometimes if you refer to it as a diet you can set yourself up for failure. Also, this is about not only weightloss but being happy with the inner me as well. My goal is to lose 50 lbs by Halloween, to find confidence in myself, to not eat so much crap to reduce migraines and upset tummies. Im not just doing this for me but also for my daughter.. I want to be a positive role model for her. Its strange, I usually only walk with other people but I wont let anyone else see me strength train or dance but now I have to have my daughter in the room with me when Im working out. Its fun giving her tummy time while i do ab workouts.
Im not going to jump into cutting out everything negative from my diet, I tried that before and failed on week two. Before I got pregnant, I lost 40 lbs in 3 months. I changed my diet slowly starting with small weekly goals. Thanks to those darn food cravings I picked back up eating the things I cut out. My goals for this week are :
- No more soda (not even diet)
- Add more fruits and veggies to my meals
- No more fried foods
Hopefully I will be successful with these goals, especially the soda! Here is a good article to read about soda! When I first quit drinking soda, I ended up losing 4 pounds in my first week!!
Creating a healthier lifestyle and losing weight is 80% nutrition and 20% fitness. Not only is cardio important for a workout plan but strength training is as well. Creating lean muscle mass will help you burn more calories. This is the strength training plan I created so far:
- Monday- Legs, Butt, Back
- Tuesday- Arms, Shoulders, Chest
- Wednesday- Abs Only
- Thursday- Legs, Butt, Back
- Friday- Arms, Shoulders, Chest
- Saturday- Abs Only
I will be posting more on here about my Healthy Me plan and other fitness and nutrition facts 🙂