Everyone who knows me knows I love to bake. When my guy asked me to bake him cupcakes for his companies Christmas party, I got all excited. His party was at 10am and he asked me at 6am. I wish he gave me more notice so I wasn’t baking first thing in the morning, but I got it done and they were a big hit! Hes still having coworkers ask when I will be bringing in more cupcakes. Im really thinking about opening a bakery one day. There are no bakeries in my area minus the grocery stores with there frozen cakes. Here is the recipe:
Chocolate cupcake with a cream cheese frosting
- 3/4c. butter
- 1 2/3 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- 2c. flour
- 2/3c. Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 1/4tsp. baking soda
- 1tsp. salt
- 1/4tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3c. water
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper liners in muffin tin. Combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs, one egg at a time, until combined.
In another bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to the wet alternating with the water and beat until blended. Add batter into paper liners and bake for 18-20 minutes. Makes 24 Cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1c. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- 1c. heavy whipping cream
Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form (looks like whipped cream). Mix cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Once blended fold in the whipping cream.
*if you add 1tsp. of lemon extract, the frosting tastes like the frosting from cinnabun.
I was about to write this recipe on my facebook when I remembered I have a blog. I posted another recipe on there that I created that I will be transferring here later. Any who, this recipe has been altered from simplyscratch.com. I decided to add a few things :). I have made this bread a couple of times for my family and they have loved it. I usually make my own butter with it (which i learned here).
- 3c. bread flour
- 1tb. corn meal
- 1 packet yeast
- 3/4c. salt
- 1c. warm water
- 1 egg white
- 1tb. water
In your mixing bowl, add warm water and yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes. When the 5 minutes are up, add all the ingredients and mix until dough forms. Use cooking spray to spray hands and surface and take dough from bowl and kneed. Spray bowl with cooking spray and place dough in bowl with a dish towel on top. Let sit for about an hour or until dough doubles in size. Press or “punch” it down to deflate it. Form into a french bread shape on a greased cookie sheet. Mix egg white and water and spread on top of formed dough. Place in cool oven and then set the temp to preheat at 375 degrees. Bake for 30-35 minutes. When done, place on rack to cool.
I never realized how easy it was to make my own bread. Pfft who needs to buy bread when you can make it on your own.. haha.
So one day me and my friend Lizzie decided to try and make our own cookies with cake batter since I had a few boxes laying around. The first batch we made had waaaay too much flour in them. I worked on the recipe adding things and eliminating others and came up with this recipe. My family really enjoys these cookies and these would be great for kids! If you have any feedback on them, I’d love to hear it!
- 1c. flour
- 3/4c. cake flour
- 1c. butter, softened
- 1/4c. sugar
- 3/4c. brown sugar
- 3/4c. Funfetti cake mix
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp. baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- sprinkles (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together Butter, sugar and brown sugar. Then add in the cake mix and mix well. Next, add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cake flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture into other mixture and blend well. Add the sprinkles if you want and give it one final mix. Transfer batter to ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1/2c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1TB mayonnaise
- 1tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1TB Old Bay
- 2TB Butter
In a medium size bowl, combine the bread crumbs and the crab meat. Stir the beaten egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Old Bay seasoning. Lightly mix these ingredients being careful not to overwork the crab meat. Form into 8 round crab cakes. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the cakes on each side until crusty and golden brown. Serve warm.
Ive been trying my hardest to eat healthy and workout more but that’s been a challenge for me. I know I need to knock off the excuses and do it! I need to start getting healthier not just for me but for my daughter as well. I want to be a positive role model for her. She already looks up to me.. Just the other day I held my foot up in the air, which is a sign for my husband that I want a foot massage and she was laying next to me and she did the same thing to him. It was so darn cute! Starting Monday no more excuses!
Ive been looking up healthy recipes and I found some on this website. I wanted a good recipe for a protein smoothie and I found one on that website, but I modified it a little. This smoothie is totally delicious! It tastes like an Orange Julius.
Orange Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 1/2 c vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tb sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix
- stevia for taste
- 5-6 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender.
Ive made this twice so far and both times this came out so delish! My family really enjoys this meal! It does take a while to make so make sure you have time to make it!
- 2 (8oz) cans Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (undiluted)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (i use cheddar)
- 1/2 cup whipping cheam
- 4oz cheam cheese (very soft)
- 4Tb butter (very soft but not melted)
- 1tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 2-4Tb whipping cream
- 1-2 cup cheddar cheese (for topping)
- Set oven to 350°F
- Butter a casserole dish (any size to hole crescents)
- In a sauce pan, mix whipping cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, and undiluted chicken soup.
- Heat just until cheese melts (do not boil)
- For the filling- in a bowl mix the soft cream cheese and butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder if you’re using it.
- Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined
- Add in whipping cream; mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems dry)
- Season with seasoning salt and black pepper to taste
- Unroll the crescents
- Place one heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
- Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish
- Then place crescent rolls seam-side down om top of creamed mixture in casserole dish
- Drizzle the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese, or desired amount
- Bake for about 30 minutes.